Sunday, April 23, 2006

Lessons from India

In a sense this post is about 3 weeks late; I returned from the Indian subcontinent on 8th April. Though I hope this post makes up for the delay.

I've discovered/learnt much on my trip to India, most of which are not related to the military. Here's a quick summary on what I've experienced through my short trip.

1) . "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handiwork." Psalm 19:1.

Indeed God is all-powerful and His creation showeth forth his excellence.

My accomodation for the trip is in the middle of the desert. And through the blistering heat of day and the frigid cold of night, I have seen His power in all of creation.

He has created valleys deep and mountains high; plants that are able to find water in the driest of places; crystals and gems that sparkle in the brightness of the sun. Looking towards the heavens at night, viewing the star spangled sky through the crystal clear sky, seeing the fireballs of meteors screaming across the horizon, brings one to reflect on the magnificence of Him who has created all things.

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Revelations 4:11

2). "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15.

The need for the gospel to be preached has never been more apparent to me. Seeing the sheer numbers of people on the street worshiping idols and images was a stark reminder that there is still so many who haven't heard the GOOD NEWS.

3). "Home is where the heart is." Annonymous.

Without a doubt, the above statement is true. Nothing felt better than arriving at the airport in Singapore.

20 days of isolation away from loved ones (those along on the trip don't count as loved ones), really took its toll on me. I missed my family so much! But thank God for taking care of me all the way there and back. I have drawn much closer to my family since then.

-Conclusion-

1) We don't have to go to far-off places to see God's handiwork. It is right there facing you in the mirror everyday. EVERYBODY is a walking testimony of His power, for He has made us each special and unique. Be proud of what He has given you.

2) There are souls that need a-saving all around. I'll take myself for example. Looking at the people that live directly next-door to me, none of them are saved. Walk down the street: chances are less than 0.01% of them are saved.

3) Treasure your family. They are the people who care most about you. They are the people who saw you grow up and who will see you grow old.

1 comment:

joan said...

Sounds like a great experience!

Oh, did you know that there is an American couple Charlie and his wife Mary. They are missionaries in India. My church at Damansara Utama has been partially supporting their mission work there.

Recently a pastor from some Protestant church was converted to New Testament Christianity and brought the truth back for his congregation to here. So a large number of souls have been saved.

Praise the Lord!